Our most frequent questions and answers
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of the treatment depends on several factors including the type and severity of the skin condition, and the number of treatments needed to give you the optimal results. The best way to determine what is needed is by scheduling a free no-obligation consultation. At the consultation you will find it extremely educational, and discover what treatment regimen will be optimal for you.
At RejuvaYou, we never believe that there is a one-size-fits-all approach. It should always be custom tailored to each individual’s needs.
Typically aesthetic, cosmetic (and optional) treatments are not covered by insurance.
FotoFacial RF treatments are beneficial in the treatment of the following cosmetic skin concerns for the face and body:
• Rosacea, flushing, redness, ruddy complexion, broken capillaries and spider veins of the face. All these “Pink” vascular based conditions of the skin improve with FotoFacial RF treaments.
• Sun spot, age spots, hyperpigmentation, melasma, cholasma, mask of pregnancy, multiple freckles of the face, hands, neck and chest. All these “Brown”, melanin based conditions of the skin improve with FotoFacial RF treatments.
• Wrinkles, skin laxity, acne scaring, skin texture irregularity and pore size. Unlike other more basic forms of Photorejuvenations, the FotoFacial RF, with its synergy of simultaneous Intense Pulsed Light and powerful radio frequency energy produces industry leading non-ablative wrinkle and skin laxity improvements without downtime. There is no other device in the world that offers this advanced ELOS technology.
The FotoFacial RF treatments are simple, gentle, office-based treatments. The treatment area is covered with a thin layer of cooling gel and then treated with a gentle pulse of light and radio frequency energy. Each treatment takes about 30-60 minutes to perform and involves pulses of bright visible light and radio frequency energy that are passed into the skin.
Our skin fitness program requires multiple treatments for the optimum results. The average program is between 10-16 weeks depending on your skin’s needs. Most people notice improvement even after the first visit. Typically, patients require 4-5 FotoFacial treatments to see maximum results. In certain skin programs, a gentle rotation of microdermabrasion and chemical peels are performed between FotoFacial RF treatments to enhance the penetration of the light and radio frequency energy.
Most FotoFacial RF procedures are spaced 3-6 weeks apart. Other treatments in your program may precede or follow your laser procedure by 1-2 weeks. Your skin’s condition, and the combination of treatments being used for your program will determine the interval between treatments.
The FotoFacial RF treatments have a minimal level of discomfort. A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin 30 minutes prior to the scheduled FotoFacial RF almost eliminating any discomfort. Usually any redness resolves in 1-2 hours and after each treatment, patients can apply makeup and return to normal activities. The FotoFacial RF treatments have proven to be low risk, are associated with few complications and patients rarely have downtime or have to miss work or regular activities.
You may experience some mild pinkness in the treated area, but no “downtime” is to be expected. Some redness and mild swelling may be seen in some individuals. The brown spots may become darker for a few days and will lighten gradually thereafter. Makeup may be used to cover these mild changes. The patient may continue with their daily routine. Strict sun protection of the skin is a must. You can expect to be able to return to work or leisure immediately following the procedure.
Our treatment of most skin conditions will include physician grade skin care products, or prescriptive topical agents if needed.
RejuvaYou is physician directed. In compliance with the regulatory Boards of California, RejuvaYou has standardized procedures that are in place. You can be assured that RejuvaYou only utilizes licensed medical professionals, whether they be an M.D., P.A., or R.N., who are extensively trained. Among some of the Educational General Requirements that RejuvaYou requires of all our treatment providers are:
1. Laser safety
2. Laser physics
3. Local anesthesia techniques
4. Documentation of laser setting and patient responses
5. Pre-procedural, procedural, and post-procedural instructions.
6. Indications and contraindications for specified treatments.
7. Potential adverse reactions, complications and their treatment.
8. Operational and maintenance requirements specific to the equipment in use.
Yes. All of our lasers are approved for treatment on all Fitzpatrick skin types.